Fijian Turmeric is all the rage right now, and for good reason.
Fiji Turmeric that grows wild and organically in the highlands of Viti Levu has a distint taste . Turmeric derives its medicinal superpowers from the compound curcuminTrusted Source, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that may be beneficial for digestion, detoxification, and pain relief. You may order a packet to make your own lattes or stop by the Vanua Cafe at Waqadra Nadi to try.
- 2 cups milk of your choice (whole, coconut, almond, etc.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ( optional)
- 1-inch piece of fresh, peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- pinch of black pepper
- Warm all ingredients in a small saucepan until it comes to a low simmer.
- Whisk well to dissolve spices and divide into two mugs.
- Dosage: Consume 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of turmeric per day and you may start to feel the benefits after about four to eight weeks.
Here are 10 Benefits of Golden (Turmeric) Milk and How to Make It
- Key Ingredients Are Loaded With Antioxidants. ...
- May Help Reduce Inflammation and Joint Pain. ...
- May Improve Memory and Brain Function. ...
- Curcumin in Turmeric May Improve Mood. ...
- May Protect Against Heart Disease. ...
- May Lower Blood Sugar Levels. ...
- May Reduce Your Risk of Cancer. ...
- Has Antibacterial, Antiviral and Antifungal Properties.